Welcome


Welcome to my blog. You can read about my adventures in different types of needlework, and I also offer some free
cross stitch patterns. Please, come back often. :)

CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES? READ ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE.

PLEASE NOTE:


PLEASE, NOTE: The designs on this site are copyrighted to Agnes Palko. They are for your personal use only. They may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
If you wish to use my patterns to stitch for charity, please, let me know.

26/06/2012

Two cross stitch finishes

I have been stitching a lot recently. Here are the two things I have finished:

One is a freebie from this site:




The other is my own pattern, here is the "original" and the stitched version. This is the belltower in Rasbokil, the parish I live in Sweden. It is so beautiful, I have long wanted to make it into a cross stitch.










7 comments:

Akila said...

They are both so beautiful. How did you make a pattern out of the original? Did you use a software?

Ági said...

Thank you.
I used PC Stitch, but I didn't convert the photo to a pattern. In my experience it only works if you make a really big pattern. I just drew it myself.

Rita said...

A virág kép gyönyörű, elmentettem!

A saját tervezésű kép előtt is le a kalappal!

Rita said...

Virágos kép:)

Lily said...

I love both! It's a great idea to 'immortalise' the land you love in this way, (by stitching the local sights) :) And I love the flowers, thank you for the link! I want to do it myself now :)

Well done ;)

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Lovely finishes! Your flowers look so classic, yet the pretty bright colours make it modern. I would never have guessed that the pattern was from the 1600s! And your own design is beautifully done. I haven't had much luck with photo conversion with my PC Stitch trial (still working on the review, LOL), so I think you made the right choice designing it yourself. It turned out marvelous! And I agree with Lila - it's a really nice idea :)

dulcinella said...

Both pieces look great! Wonderful conversion also. Must have been quite a lot of work to get it so realistic looking on a smaller piece.