Welcome


Welcome to my blog. You can read about my adventures in different types of needlework, and I also offer some free
cross stitch patterns. Please, come back often. :)

CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES? READ ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE.

PLEASE NOTE:


PLEASE, NOTE: The designs on this site are copyrighted to Agnes Palko. They are for your personal use only. They may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
If you wish to use my patterns to stitch for charity, please, let me know.

10/07/2011

Tutorial: how to crochet a cosmetic bag. Very easy. Part 1

I have been away from the blog for quite a while, but I am back now. I crocheted another one of the little bags and took pictures of the steps, so here is how it was made. This part is only about the crochet, I will come back soon with the lining and putting in the zip.

I started with a chain of 40.

Photobucket

Then I did one single crochet in each chain.

Photobucket

When I reached the end, I turned but not the usual way. I turned around, if that makes sense, and did another single crochet on the other side of the beginning chain.
I hope you can see it here, at the bottom is the first row I made, and at the top I am just starting the other row in the starting chain.

Photobucket

So when I finished this row, I actually finished a round, and I had this:

Photobucket

It is good to remember that you finish a row when you are just at the opposite end from the starting tail.

After two more rows, with no increasing, you can see how the bottom of the bag starts to take shape:

Photobucket

And you just go on and on, round after round of single crochet. Easy as pie :)

Since I wanted the sides of the bag to be a bit slanted, I did one increasing. If you don´t want it but prefer a straight side, you can omit this step.
So I increased two stitches at both ends (you can find where exactly if you flatten the bag):

Photobucket

I crocheted two single crochets in the two middle stitches.

Photobucket

When the bag was 9 cm high, I did a row of double crochet. This is where I will weave in a string or a ribbon for decoration. Again, if you want, you can leave this out.

Photobucket

Then I went on with my single crochet again and when I reached the desired height, I did a final row of a kind of picot or wavy finish:

Photobucket

It goes like this: *one single crochet, one single crochet, chain two, single crochet in the next stitch* - and repeat between the *s.

This is what the edge looks like when done:

Photobucket

And this is the whole little bag. No sewing together needed.

Photobucket

See you soon with the rest. And some more freebies to stitch. Watch this place :)

3 comments:

Ana Luisa said...

Hello Ági! I've been away for a while, but I'm back and hopefully I'll be posting more often on my blog.
I've enjoyed reading through the latter posts, and I'm amazed at the pincushion, it's awesome! The crocheted purse is something I'll be looking foward to.
Well done on everything!

Kim said...

This is fantastic, thanks so much for doing this Agi!

:)

MysteryKnitter said...

Fantastic! You are crocheting master!